Location of ios64 Binaries:
- SDK static libraries: bin/ios.arm_64/
Required packages to generate projects:
- CMake, minimum version 3.12
- Python, minimum version 2.7.6
Generating XCode projects:
- Projects are generated through a script in physx root directory: generate_projects.sh
- Script generate_projects.sh expects a preset name as a parameter, if a parameter is not provided it does list the available presets.
- Supported presets for ios platform are: ios64.
- Generated solutions are in folder compiler/"preset name".
Building SDK Source and Snippets with XCode:
- XCode projects are in compiler/ios64
- Open PhysXSDK.xcodeproj to build the entire SDK source within XCode
- Build from command line using e.g.: xcodebuild -project PhysXSDK.xcodeproj -alltargets -configuration (debug|checked|profile|release)
- Select one of the snippet schemes from the drop down list
- Press "Run" to build and run the selected snippet
- In order to build and run release mode you need to select "Edit Scheme..." and change the "Build Configuration" to "release".
- No rendering support for Snippets
- XCode projects target:
- XCode version: 10.1
- Compiler: Apple LLVM version 10.0.0
- platforms: armv7, arm64
- device: iPad
- Building for the simulator is not supported
- The maximum number of shapes in each scene must be less than 32767.
- The maximum number of dynamic actors added to each scene must be less than 65535.
- The maximum number of broadphase overlap pairs must be less than 65535. Overlap pairs above this limit will be neglected.
- Cmake ios toolchain file - https://github.com/cristeab/ios-cmake under BSD 3 Clause license (https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause)
Copyright (c) 2008-2021 NVIDIA Corporation, 2788 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95051 U.S.A. All rights reserved. www.nvidia.com